Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
To ensure all prep items are prepared and stored to specifications.Responsibilities
- Prepare all items on prep list following standard procedure or otherwise told by supervisor.
- Maintain high quality at all times. Inspect all food products for quality when working on prep list and service line.
- Check portion control, weights and counts prior to function.
- Fire all food for service and to serve on line.
- Maintain/check cooking times and temperatures.
- Ability to use a rice cooker properly.
- Specialty in high end sushi making necessary.
- Product identity a must and proper butchery of sushi grade fish.
- Follow all storage procedures when taking food out of walk-in and when returning food to walk-in.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times.
- Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department and EcoSure standards at all time.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per Omni Hotel standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Cooperate with other cooks to prepare events or special requirements on meals.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and as specified on guest check, to ensure consistency of product.
- Work cohesively with entire culinary staff as part of a team.
- Maintain food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Support procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
- Maintain all coolers and freezers, prep area and equipment up to State of Florida Health Department codes at all times.
- Basic math skills needed to understand and implement recipes and measurements.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- 1 year minimum Upscale Sushi Bar related experience is required.
- Sushi related education is preferred but not required.
- Must have State of Florida food safety certification.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.