The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
The Summit offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Cincinnati experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for Cook I to work at to work at the art-centric Summit Hotel in Cincinnati, OH. This position is responsible for working with the Sous Chef to ensure daily objectives are met.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Checks with Sous Chef for daily objectives.
- Delegates job tasks to line cooks when necessary.
- Complete opening duties: Set up work station with required tools, equipment and supplies. Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Check production schedule and pars. Establish priority items for the day. Inform the Sous Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day. Start prep work on items need for the particular menu of the day and direct Line Cooks on the same throughout the shift.
- Ensures all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with standard recipes and presentations established by the Chef.
- Breaks down dinner foods.
- Communicates with Chef on production status for the next day before completing shift.
- Cleans and organizes workstation. Maintains a clean and sanitary culinary environment in compliance with all local and federal health codes.
- Performs banquet and kitchen line functions as directed by the Executive or Sous Chef.
- Performs human resource functions for junior staff members, including training, scheduling, and directing.
- Ensures assigned workstation has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to d
- Must have 1-5 years previous culinary experience.
- Experience in a high volume production kitchen preferred.
- High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Culinary degree a plus.
- Ability to operate, clean and maintain most commercial kitchen equipment required.
- Knowledge of cooking techniques; knife skills; attention to detail.
- Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Should possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position.
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.