Located one block from the famed Santa Monica Pier and on the edge of the Pacific Ocean, Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is one of Los Angeles' most celebrated beachfront hotels. After a comprehensive update to our guestrooms, suites, lobby lounge and pool, our exhilarating beach escape is the perfect place to soak up some sun, enjoy a healthy dose of relaxation, or catch a magnificent sunset. With 347 spacious guestrooms and suites, two restaurants and lounges, an eco-conscious spa and wellness center, and proximity to Santa Monica's premier attractions, Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is the ideal basecamp for all your Santa Monica and greater Los Angeles adventures.
The Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is seeking a Cook I to join our team. Responsible for preparing food cooked to order, according to approved standardized recipes. Plates food for service, according to established plating/presentation criteria. Ensures that all food served is of the highest quality and that it is served to the guest in a timely manner.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Receives, inspects, rotates all food products to ensure that only fresh, high quality ingredients are used.
- Adheres to established portion control guidelines, minimizes waste.
- Monitors refrigeration and holding temperatures, cleans and sanitizes work surfaces.
- Follow are Governmental Food Sanitation Standards at all times.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Three + years cooking experience in an upscale, high volume hotel or freestanding restaurant or post secondary culinary training/certification as Cook from a recognized culinary training school
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of standard kitchen equipment and its use
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must have extensive skills in both the pantry and hot lines
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V