With an unrivalled location on Wacker Drive, just off Michigan Avenue, the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is in the heart of everything that is Chicago. The hotel boasts 334 spacious guestrooms, Hoyt’s Chicago restaurant and bar, 24-hour business and fitness centers and over 16,000 square feet of private event space. Many of our guest rooms offer stunning views of either the city or the famed Chicago River.
The Hotel offers 47 vacation ownership units in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group’s sister company, Wyndham Vacation Ownership. As the world’s largest developer and marketer of flexible, points-based vacation ownership products, Wyndham Vacation Ownership has developed or acquired more than 185 vacation ownership resorts throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent more than 23,000 individual vacation ownership units.
The Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is part of the prestigious Wyndham Grand® ensemble of distinguished hotels within the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brand that represent one-of-a-kind experiences in key destinations with refined accommodations, attentive service and relaxed surroundings. Wyndham Hotel Group,part ofthe Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN) familyof companies, isthe world’slargest hotel companywith approximately8,,000hotels and over 681,800 rooms in 78 countries.
The Part Time Cook is
responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for
the Restaurants, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria and Banquets, while
maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing
product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation
and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 - 2 years experience as cook.
- Able to work weekends, evenings and morning shifts
- Proper health & alcohol certification cards for the state of application (If cards are not current will need to be renewed prior to date of employment).
- Knowledge of math to figure cost, make change and cash handling procedures.
- Knowledge of the state and federal laws concerning the handling and dispensing of food and alcoholic beverages.
- Capable of demonstrating good judgment when dealing with guests and staff members.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as with other team members and departments.
- Able to work unsupervised for extensive periods, and to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guests and staff members.
WHG is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.