Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. With over 7,000 hotels, 145 Vacation Ownership Resorts, 200,000 rental units and more than 25,000 associates across six continents you'll discover the rewards of working in an energetic environment with caring colleagues. Rewards that include a career path with diverse opportunities, learning and mentorship. Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) has been an industry leader in hospitality with almost $4 billion in revenues. Wyndham continues to expand and grow through industry leading efforts like Women on Their Way and Wyndham Green. While you may know our brands RCI, WorldMark by Wyndham, Ramada, Days Inn and Travelodge; there are many more aspects and companies to this leader in hospitality.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, DiversityInc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
The newly multi-million dollar renovated Wyndham Orlando Resort - International Drive, located at the epicenter of Orlando’s ever-popular I-Drive boasts an enviable location in the Theme Park Capital of the World.
The Wyndham Orlando Resort, International Drive has a phenomenal Cook opportunity. The Cook will work on a on call status.
The Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for the Restaurants, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria and Banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
· Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service operating hours.
· Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel standards.
· Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and par-cooking.
· Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy and meat products.
· Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
· Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
· Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
· Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
· Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
· Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
· Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
· Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.