At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
- Organizing and preparing menu.
- Set-up line equipment for service.
- Daily assist Executive Chef and Sous Chef in any area of the kitchen as needed.
- Prepares all vegetables, pastas, meals and potatoes daily.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu foods.
- Keeps all refrigeration, equipment, storage and working areas in clean and working conditions in accordance to Health Department regulations.
- Minimum of 6 months - 5 years of experience cooking in a professional environment.
- Banquet and/or a la carte prep and production is required.
- High volume banquet production is preferred but not required for all cook positions.
- Strong organizational skills and an energetic personality.
- Position requires the ability to work in a diverse environment, be respectful and professional at all times.
- Must be able to be on feet for length of shift and extended periods.
- Must be able to meet lifting requirements of 30 pounds.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts that include weekends and holidays.
Seeking these skills and abilities:
- Experience preparing a variety of foods.
- Experience working with and following recipes.
- Clear understanding of health and food sanitation standards.
- Experience preparing sauces from scratch.
- Basic knowledge of butchering skills and breaking down meats and poultry.
- Menu Development ability is a plus.
- High School degree or equivalency.
- Technical school or formal technical skills training.
- Culinary degree from an accredited culinary school is highly preferred, not required.