Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Fully set up all event orders the day before.
Must be very organized and punctual, recap with the executive chef for any updates or specials.
Rotate, Clean and refresh daily all items on the Hot and Cold line, maintain a professional station with proper storage and labeling.
Must be able to know how to order, cost out, and have proper knowledge on ingredients It is of basic importance to have full communication with Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef (if applicable) in all facets of the job.
Update the chef every day with any changes or items that are low and that are special products that can be ordered in an efficient manner.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Hilton rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
* Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
* Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning up unexpected spills or executing special guest requests.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of hot/cold food preparation.
* Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
* Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
* Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
* Ability to read, write and speak the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes & communicate with other employees.
* Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 lbs.
* Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 years experience
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Garde Mange and Pantry experience
Licenses or certificates:
Food Handlers Certification
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
PreferredDetail Oriented Novice Teamwork Novice Behaviors
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Licenses & Certifications
CA Food Handler