At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and recently adding Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401 k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees including complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations.
BASIC FUNCTION: To complete daily production lists assigned by the chef based on house counts. To assist with all aspects of food production. To delegate any preparation and banquet production to line cooks. To check production needs for the following day.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
v Minimum formal education, High school diploma or equivalent.
v Culinary degree or ACF certification preferred.
v May require knowledge of policies and procedures, and the ability to determine a course of action based on these guidelines.
v Requires thorough knowledge of a specialized or technical field.
v May require operating knowledge of computer equipment.
v Minimum of five year job related experience.
v Pleasant personality.
v Requires ability to interpret, extract information and perform arithmetic functions.
v May require typing and good communication skills.
- Assists in conducting periodic food inventories.
- Assists the Executive Chef and Sous Chef with departmental human resource functions.
- Initiates and oversees ordering of food and kitchen supplies.
- Supervises and coordinates the production of food according to menu specifications.
- Assists the chef and cooks in preparation of specific cuisine.
- Inspects quality of food product used to prepare cuisine. Informs Executive Chef and Sous Chef when quality is not acceptable.
- Ensures all cuisine served to guests follow establish guidelines for quantity, quality, appearance, and palatability.
- Checks physical cleanliness of operations. Ensures all staff practice “clean as you go” techniques.
- Maintains proper working order of all equipment. Inspects ovens, burners, water faucets, and refrigerators. Reports deficiencies to engineering department.
- Sets up any a la carte stations required for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Communicates with chef on production status for the next day before completing shift.
- Performs banquet and kitchen line functions as directed by the Executive or Sous chef.
- Ensures assigned workstation has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily menus and banquets.
- Ensures the employee cafeteria food is on the standard.
- The workload required to perform this job requires to adapt to change.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Conducting meetings and leading group discussions.
- This job is part of a formal work team within the department.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow associates.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the company handbook.
- Responsible for providing guidance to others performing some or similar functions in the area of safety as part of formal orientation to the job.
- Regular exposure to stresses.
Hard kitchen floors with occasional slippery or greasy areas. Significant portions of daily assignments involve exposure to odors, noise, or temperature extremes. Working surfaces may be unlevel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V