Allegro St. Augustine
Location: US - FL - St. Augustine
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida and Kentucky, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
Inspired Living Awaits in Historic St. Augustine…Nestled in a quiet enclave just south of historic downtown, Allegro offers impeccable senior living in one of Florida's most desirable communities. All the amenities you expect, such as a library, fitness center, garden, and game rooms, are available for your enjoyment in our established independent and assisted living community.
The primary responsibility of the Cook is to prepare food of the highest quality and taste for residents and guests of the Community ensuring that the food presentation enhances the dining experience of the residents and guests. Cleanliness of all Dining Service areas and the Dining Service equipment are of the utmost importance.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepare delicious and attractive food that is colorful and tastefully presented making each meal service an exceptional occasion.
- Supervise the kitchen under the direction of the Dining Services Director (DSD) and Chef/Lead Cook.
- Supervise and/or assist in the proper washing of all dishes, cookware, flatware and utensils. Properly maintain all kitchen equipment. Monitor water temperatures and/or chemical compounds as appropriate to ensure the prevention of food borne illness and the spread of communicable disease.
- Maintain kitchen and food preparation areas in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Approach residents and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Comply at all times with Company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient Community operations.
- Prepare high quality meals consistent with local customs and tastes. Consistently adhere to the standard recipes, the budgeted costs and Company policies.
- Responsible for the safe working condition of all equipment.
- When required, receive and verify by inventory and signature the correct shipment of all food, supplies and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly kitchen and storage area and completed temperature charts that successfully meets or exceeds all state and local health requirements.
- Ensure that all food supplies and other goods are properly stored, labeled, dated and accounted for.
- Deliver all delivery slips and invoices to the DSD in a timely fashion.
- Assist the DSD in conducting inventories of food supplies, computing monthly food cost reports, and ordering food and supplies as required.
- Maintain records of meals served and records of food and supplies used as required.
- Interact with the DSD and the residents to ensure satisfaction with the Dining Services program.
- Set up the food service line and cook to order. Train the Kitchen Assistant in assisting in the food line and preparation of salads and side dishes as needed.
- Close the line and clean the steam wells and the steam tables, clean and sanitize work tables and cutting boards, and rotate the food to clean inserts.
- Clean all areas of the kitchen. Follow the cleaning schedule and oversee the activities of the Kitchen Assistant.
- Make preparations for the next day, process leftovers, assist with the cleaning of dishes, pull foods from the freezer and walk-ins. Train the Kitchen Assistant to assist in this activity.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the DSD.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in resident's behavior. Report all signs to the DSD following the Company policies and procedures.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the DSD as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents' rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, staff, or Community information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year related cooking experience or equivalent preferred.
- Some software and computer skills preferred.
- Must be flexible/adaptable, pay attention to detail, and have a sense of teamwork.
- Must possess good time management skills and a keen awareness of safety.
- Must possess current manager's level food handler permit and certification of Hepatitis A vaccinations where required.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
Allegro Senior Living offers a wide variety of competitive benefit options to meet the needs of each associate.
Allegro is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.