As a world-class meeting facility and four-diamond resort, the multifaceted
Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort
is a place where the possibilities are as endless as the views. For meetings, spectacular indoor and outdoor venues create the backdrop for imaginative events, allowing attendees to enjoy the beautiful setting while remaining productive and inspired.
Cook 2 (Pineview Grille)
is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for the Restaurants, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria and Banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel standards.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and par-cooking.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy and meat products.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel’s standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain a “Clean As You Go” policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed