Walnut Creek Marriott
If you have true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the attitude suited for the Hotel-Hospitality business, Windsor Capital Group can offer you exciting opportunities for your career into the future. WCG, is a dynamic and disciplined hotel company with a passion for excellence. We offer personal development programs for training and opportunities to grow and succeed.
Windsor Capital Group, Inc., is a privately held ownership and management company with a current portfolio of 10 hotels in 4 states across the United States including superior hotel brands such as:
WCG is comprised of industry hospitality leaders who are committed to excellence, lead by example, and aspire to inspire others who want to succeed and grow in this exciting business. If you are someone who wants an exciting career, and can learn, teach and grow in the hospitality industry, we want you to be a part of our dynamic team!
Purpose for the Position:
To prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food stuff for consumption in the restaurant.
1. Reads menu to estimate food requirements and orders food from supplier or procures it from storage.
2. Adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, boilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
3. Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using variety or kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and tenderizers, to prepare soups, salads, graves, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
4. Bakes, roasts, broils and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
5. Adds seasoning to food during mixing or cooking, according to personal judgment and experience.
6. Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with a fork to determine that it is cooked.
7. Carves meat, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies, sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
8. May supervise other cooks and kitchen employees.
9. May wash, peel, cut and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
10. May butcher chickens, fish and shellfish.
11. May make bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry.
12. May price items on the menu.
13. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
•Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for your work.
•Read recipes of items to be prepared.
•Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
•Use arithmetic or shop geometry to figure amounts of material needed, dimensions to be followed and cost of materials.
•Picture what the finished product will look like.
•Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as it is turned out.