Mansion on Forsyth Park
Location: US - GA - Savannah
The role of a Cook 1 is to prepare outstanding dishes for our guests. Guest Satisfaction in our restaurant revolves around the food experience, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. The Cook 1 is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry stations or other areas of the kitchen.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by the company.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the station.
- Assists with cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- To maintain cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- To practice safe work habits at all times and to avoid injury to self and others.
- To comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including the property handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience required.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Food handlers permit required.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The majority of time will be spent in kitchen. The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is constantly required to stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 35 pounds, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel.