As an Convention Services Manager (OEM), you will fill a pivotal role to coordinate arrangements for group meetings and conventions. Plan, coordinate, and implement special events and other meetings, conferences and special projects. Ensure that the administrative functions for all Sales positions and the Director of Sales and Marketing are handled, performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Schedule: The typical schedule for the Convention Services Manager is Monday - Friday (AM). However, based on business needs and/or group events, occasional work on the weekends and evenings may be necessary.The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2-4 years experience planning large groups/conferences in a mid to large-sized hotel with over 50,000 sq feet of meeting space .
- Be incredibly friendly, customer-centric, and team oriented.
- Knowledge of Delphi, Meeting Matrix, Microsoft Word & Excel a must.
- The understanding of 3rd party meeting planners and direct clients.
- Attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to prioritize based on client requirements.
- Plan, up sell and detail programs with clients including; verification and modification of space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes, decorations, etc.
- Monitor and control individual event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product.
- Maintain communication between all departments regarding customer requirements for events and meeting business.
- Develop and maintain client relationship and repeat business.
- Provide a service culture that generates positive event satisfaction, sustained revenue achievement, excellent internal communications and team participation.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or managementBenefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions