The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville’s vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city’s distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To facilitate all aspects of the conference/event including, but not limited to, banquet functions and meeting room arrangements with the meeting planner/client. The manager will serve as the liaison between the meeting planner/client and the hotel, ensuring that all information has been communicated correctly.Responsibilities
- Prepares and reviews resumes for groups. Ensures all departments receive necessary information pertaining to the Conference.
- Partners with the culinary team to create customized menus to fit client’s needs as well as increase food and beverage revenues.
- Verify contracted banquet meeting rooms in order to guarantee proper space has been assigned and that meeting rooms can accommodate requested set-ups.
- Conduct pre-planning meetings to include necessary departments when requested by client.
- Entertain clients in a professional manner to establish closer working relationships.
- Initiates the method of payment process and assist the credit manager in all accounting procedures.
- Collects information to create master account estimates 90 days and 21 days prior to conference/event.
- Creates Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) to review with the meeting planner. Receives signed event orders and provides these to the Credit Manager.
- Distributes BEO’s which includes all food and beverage and meeting requirements to be reviewed with the Banquets, Banquet Setup and Culinary Departments in daily BEO meeting.
- Attends required meetings including morning and afternoon Stand-Up Meeting, BEO Meeting, Forecast Meeting and Department Staff Meeting.
- Recommends appropriate “in-house” and/or preferred vendors for group related services to drive hotel revenue.
- Conducts pre-conference meetings with meeting planner and all appropriate department heads.
- During conference, will ensure the meeting arrangements are to the meeting planner’s specifications. Ensures all on-site changes are managed efficiently.
- Available to meeting planner during conference through phone, email, and in person to trouble shoot any questions that arise.
- Arranges for post-conference meetings with the meeting planner and the Executive Committee when requested.
- Responsible for accurately forecasting all food and beverage events, on a monthly and yearly basis. Assist in forecasting guestroom revenue along with the Group Housing Coordinator.
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience as a Conference/Convention Services Manager in a high volume upscale hotel required.
- Delphi or equivalent systems knowledge required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Certified Meeting Planner (Optional)
- Ability to communicate with guests and be able to direct/escort them to the various facilities and functions within the Hotel.
- Must be conversant with culinary techniques and food creativity. Knowledgeable in banquet set-ups and creativity in room decorations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person, by telephone and by radio.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many guest requests/questions within a short period of time
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Stand, walk or sit for an extended periods or for an entire work shift.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.