Convention Services Manager
As an Convention Services Manager, you will fill a pivotal role to coordinate arrangements for group meetings and conventions. Plan, coordinate, and implement special events and other meetings, conferences and special projects. Ensure that the administrative functions for all Sales positions and the Director of Sales and Marketing are handled, performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Schedule: The typical schedule for the Convention Services Manager is Monday - Friday (AM). However, based on business needs and/or group events, occasional work on the weekends and evenings may be necessary.
The ideal Convention Services Manager candidate will:
- Have at least 2-4 years experience planning large groups/conferences in a mid to large-sized hotel with over 50,000 sq feet of meeting space .
- Be incredibly friendly, customer-centric, and team oriented.
- Knowledge of Delphi, Meeting Matrix, Microsoft Word & Excel a must.
- The understanding of 3rd party meeting planners and direct clients.
- Attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to prioritize based on client requirements.
- Plan, up sell and detail programs with clients including; verification and modification of space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes, decorations, etc.
- Monitor and control individual event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product.
- Maintain communication between all departments regarding customer requirements for events and meeting business.
- Develop and maintain client relationship and repeat business.
- Provide a service culture that generates positive event satisfaction, sustained revenue achievement, excellent internal communications and team participation.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
About Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality is one of the largest and most dynamic independent management companies in North America and the Caribbean. With an award winning portfolio of over 500 hotels and resorts with more than 70,000 guestrooms, our company operates across a full spectrum of property types in addition to independent luxury, boutique, and lifestyle hotels. Our highly resourced company offers an unrivaled track record of creating and maximizing asset value and holds an enviable position as an exclusive management company approved to operate all brands within the Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, Wyndham, and InterContinental systems as well as their respective newly launched soft brands.
Aimbridge Hospitality Culture
Aimbridge Hospitality is and will forever be a “high touch” organization. From the principals to the front line associates, the Aimbridge team is engaged in guest, partner (both investment and brand), and associate satisfaction. At Aimbridge Hospitality, we value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Having fun helps us keep perspective! If we’re happy, our guests will be happy. Our work place culture values family, work life balance and community.
Career Advancement at Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality values innovative ideas that ensure high productivity and rewards those willing to step forward and help us develop passionate team members that deliver outstanding guest service and top financial results. We want you to succeed and explore new positions in which allow you to progress your career.