At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and in a challenging and changing environment.
- Able to multi task.
- Able to lead a team and possess a positive attitude.
- Able to grasp, lift, carry or transport up to 70 pounds.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English language in order to read BEO’s, set-up sheets and effectively communicate with guests and employees.
- Ability to work varying shifts such as, early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to work unplanned/unexpected overtime.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff, observe performance and encourage improvement.
- Ability to effectively deal with guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Must be a team player
- Must communicate with co-workers and guests in a positive manner.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available. Business attire is required.
Train all staff on proper procedures and methods set forth by the company.
Supervise and support the set-up of all meeting /function rooms to include tables, chairs, equipment, etc.
Monitor staff performance and work with Conference Service Leadership regarding any personnel issues that may arise.
Visually inspect all meeting rooms/function space prior to meetings/functions for cleanliness, proper set-up, etc.
Supervise and support the clean-up of meeting room/function room, proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
Provide suggestions and creative solutions to better service client requests.
Manage inventory of equipment/furniture.
Execute a proper maintenance and repair schedule to ensure all CS equipment in inventory is always kept in appropriate condition as set forth by Conference Services Leadership.
Execute an effective plan to ensure a high standard of cleanliness is achieved throughout the conference center as set forth by the Conference Services Leadership.
Able to communicate and work with all levels of personnel.
Insures adherence to department standards.
Team with internal departments to ensure client needs / issues are met and / or resolved in a timely manner.
Adheres to department/overall Conference Center standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of the position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Conference Center rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer