A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Responsible for managing the Finance Department's team members to ensure accuracy of financial data gathered and recorded. Safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Responsible for activities related to budget, forecast, profit and loss reporting, and balancing ledgers for operating and balance sheet accounts. Also responsible for income audit, cashiering, accounts payable processing, collections, tax compliance, payroll and month end processing. Analyzes data and maintains property's accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Manages subordinate Finance team members in areas related to finance, financial reporting, internal controls, payroll/incentives, accounting, etc. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for planning department goals and directing team members to achieve results. Creates a work environment that promotes positivity, teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and team member satisfaction, while creating a culture of excellence in which all team members strive for maximum performance levels. Ensures staff receives any required training or attends mandatory meetings. Determines work quality expectations and sets deadlines.
- Responsible for general accounting including month end closing and financial statement preparation. Posts journal entries and reviews those made by other team members. Reviews reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and monthly and quarterly inventory reconciliation for accuracy. Prepares the annual plan, budget and forecasts throughout the year.
- Performs internal audit functions such as review of daily rebates and Daily Revenue Reports. Directs the development and implementation of internal controls to ensure the security of property assets and the accurate recording of assets, liabilities, income, expenses and other transactions. Audits internal financial controls to ensure compliance with SOP's to include purchasing, cash handling, receipts, disbursements, payroll and team member records
- Accounts Payable--Posts month-end accrual, prepaid and other journal entries to comply with GAAP and Accrual Accounting Methodology. Reviews reclassification of expenses, adjustments, voided checks and manual checks for accuracy. Signs checks as assigned.
- Prepares and coordinates monthly and quarterly tax payments and reports with taxation authorities. Liaises with taxation department in regard to all tax related matters with assistance of the Corporate Director of Finance.
- Ensures all property licenses/permits are renewed on a timely basis. Tracks expiration dates and notifies management of deadlines.
- Monitors and approves all sales, purchases, salaries, and expenses of the
property. Assists and counsels department heads in the interpretation of financial data and recommends courses of action to maximize profitability.
- Calculates incentives using data provided, incentive worksheets, and incentive plans. Submits information for incentive checks on timely basis.
- Prepares reports generated by the department, including monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports. Reviews revenue reports produced by all departments. Utilizes corporate approved computer programs to analyze forecasts, cost and revenue reports. Makes decisions and takes action based on that information to maximize profitability.
- Manages property's accounts receivables. Processes credit applications, conducts credit checks, invoices and directs collection efforts. Verifies and balances credit card merchant statements.
- Resolves customer complaints and anticipates potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and team member performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality. Notifies Management and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The property provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with property's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- May oversee all IT functions for the property to ensure all systems are continuously updated, maintained, and secure.
- Makes merit decisions within budget or established guidelines. Determines promotions or reclassifications within company policy.
- Approves leave and time away from work within company policy.
- Identifies opportunities for business process improvements and initiates policies and procedures to achieve the same.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Five or more years of related and progressive accounting experience in similar organization. Two years as a supervisor/manager in similar setting desired.
- Possess strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Ability and experience in successfully leading and coordinating staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Requires ability to use computers programmed with accounting software to record, s tore and analyze information. Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the property.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in wri
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.