Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Controller directs all financial aspects of operations in alignment with the direction of the General Manager, Company, operating procedures, internal controls, brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations. Recommends the Accounting budget, business plans, capital expenditures and manages within approved plans and objectives.
This position directly manages assigned staff and directly manages all subordinates. Articulates Company goals to the staff. Demonstrates commitment to these goals through work ethic, integrity and respect for the Company and associates. Unites associates in a common commitment to achieve and exceed these goals. Works closely with management throughout the hotel and the Company. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Guest Satisfaction – Direct and ensure Accounting standards and procedures are followed. Direct Accounting staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage while managing the department budget. Ensure timely response to guest needs. Resolve guest complaints as appropriate to maintain guest satisfaction. Regularly review service scores to identify areas needing improvement and implement appropriate changes. Ensure the Accounting staff regularly adheres to all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Be knowledgeable on hotel facilities, services and the city to assist guests as appropriate.
- Human Resources –In conjunction with the Human Resources department, direct recruiting, hiring, training, development and retention of a motivated and efficient Accounting staff. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Coach, counsel, resolve conflicts, discipline and terminate as appropriate through fair treatment and in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Profitability –Develop, recommend, implement and manage the Accounting annual budget, business plan and objectives to meet/exceed expectations. If necessary, develop action steps to correct any expense problems. Ensure all hotel accounting transactions and reporting are accomplished in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures. Ensure the hotel is in compliance with internal controls. Continuously monitor accounting and financial data for accuracy. Ensure the General Manager and Regional Director of Finance are kept fully apprised of any implications that may affect the financial performance of the hotel. Ensure timely and correct credit and billing procedures are in place. Review vendors and products to ensure procurement of top quality products at minimum prices. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Manager.
- Leadership – Direct all facets of Accounting. Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Use business/management knowledge, applications in the industry, and experiences to provide leadership, both internally and externally, to assist the General Manager in positioning the hotel as a market leader. Be a coach with a positive attitude on a daily basis. Implement, manage and comply with Company policies, practices and programs. Ensure compliance with brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to guests.
Education and Experience: A four-year college degree or equivalent education in advanced accounting principles and practices. Five or more years of employment in related position. Hotel accounting experience and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.Skills and Abilities:This position requires a substantial and successful track record in accounting management while maintaining integrity and professional bearing. Possess advanced knowledge of accounting and budgeting along with the ability to compile facts/figures and analyze information that involves data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions. Ability to anticipate and identify issues and exercise initiative to investigate, interpret and weigh alternatives to reach logical conclusions and make sound business decisions.Display consistent professional leadership while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities and projects. Remain positive, resourceful and possess the ability to improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.The ability to effectively and efficiently schedule, manage and delegate work. Appropriately and effectively interview, hire, motivate, develop, monitor and address staff performance matters. Possess excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills with professionalism, diplomacy and confidentiality.Computer proficiency in Microsoft office along with the ability to travel when needed. Must satisfy and comply with the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
TPG Hotels and Resorts provides these outstanding benefits for all full time team members!
- AMAZING employee hotel discounts around the world!
- FREE one times your annual salary life insurance policy, option to add up to 3x your salary additional
- Medical, dental, vision, disability insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare, dependent care, and transportation
- 401k matching retirement savings plan
- 6 sick days within six months of start
- 2 week vacation after first year
- 6 paid holidays