At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or equivalent.
College degree in Accounting or Finance.
Two years experience as a hotel/resort assistant controller or controller.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Problem-solving and analytical skills.
Ability to work under pressure.
Exceptional organizational skills.
Ability to meet deadlines.
1. Maintain and secure assets, minimizing outstanding receivables and investments inventories.
2. Prepare in conjunction with General Manager and Department Heads, all operational budgets and forecasts.
3. Prepare cash flow forecast on a monthly basis.
4. Oversee preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial statements.
5. Develop and maintain internal controls in all departments.
6. Maintain all contracts, leases and other legal and financial records.
7. Implement and support property operating policies and procedures.
8. Operate in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and government regulations.
9. Ensure property is in compliance with Management Contract.
10. Assist in the development of Risk Management program. Maintain insurance (general liability, property and Worker’s Compensation) programs.
11. Coordinate all financial audits by outside concerns.
12. Coordinate all internal financial training and development of department heads and managers.
13. Function as financial advisor to a private Conference Center and provide ongoing special project.
14. Prepare periodic presentations at owner’s meetings.
15. Work with the Sales Department to develop programs and procedures to maximize the Property’s revenue.