Chesapeake Hospitality / Hollywood Beach Complex is looking for a Construction Foreman with strong critical thinking and leadership skills to assist in the renovation and construction of the hotel complex which includes the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort, Hyde Resort and Residences and Hyde Beach House. The primary role of the Construction Foreman is to effectively oversee and manage the job site while holding the team members accountable for quality work and a safe environment. The assignment requires a 40+ hour work week, Monday through Friday, with weekend hours as required dependent upon project scheduling.
*This will be a temporary full-time position for 12 months.
- Oversee daily activity of all contractors, subcontractors and laborers on the job site, with specific attention to workmanship and organization
- Receive and manage all inventories and supplies
- Perform manual labor or certain trade tasks as needed
- Assist Project Superintendent with all onsite preparations and coordination
- Act as onsite point of contact and liaison with hotel operations team in Project Superintendent's absence
- Experience in commercial or hospitality construction and renovation
- Construction trade skills preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and think critically
- Able to adapt to changes quickly and effectively
- Self-starter able to manage scopes of work and schedule without close supervision
- Capable of using PC/MS Office Suite to effectively correspond via email with basic Word and Excel skills preferred
- Position based at project location for duration of each project
- Must pass background check and drug testing
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, as required by the hotel.
- Comply with hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two to three years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- College course-work or certificate in related field helpful.