As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a
Conference Set-Up Houseperson
to work at our beautiful
the H Hotel
. This position is responsible for setting up all event/meeting rooms according to specifications.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Maintain all meeting rooms and adjoining public spaces in excellent condition at all times.
• Report all maintenance needs and damages to Manager/Engineering department for immediate repair.
• Follow daily work sheets and checklists through to completion.
• Maintain office area, storerooms, equipment, and work carts in excellent condition at all times. Set up and break down for banquet functions as needed including moving tables, setting tables and chairs, staging and portable stairs, podiums, buffet set-up, bar set-up, etc.
• Set up and break down a variety of rooms in various styles and shapes.
• Follows Banquet Event Orders with strong attention to detail • Maintains a strong knowledge of various types of set-up.
• Assists the A/V team with setting up equipment.
• Assists with transporting food/beverages to event location.
• Attends appropriate department meetings.
• Set out water, glasses, stationery, office supplies, and candies in rooms.
• Refresh rooms as needed through a variety of tasks including vacuuming, removing dirty dishes, and changing water.
• Return dirty dishes to the dishwashing area.
• Prepare carts with supplies needed for set-up or refreshment of rooms.
• Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude.
• Communicates all pertinent information to the set-up team.
• Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to the on-duty supervisor.
• Ensures proper handling, cleaning and sanitation of equipment, china, glass and silver.
• Follows through on lost and found procedures. No articles shall be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
• Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, etc.).