Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for the overall operation of the convention banquet space, meeting with guests to understand the requirements for their functions, and supervision of the banquet staff to ensure guests' requirements are met and exceeded.Essential Functions
- Focus on a consistently execute up-selling approach
- Meet with clients to work out the details of their functions
- Escort clients through the property and highlight features of facility as well as available services
- Meet & greet clients on event dates and supervise as needed
- General knowledge of conference technology and audio visual needs
- Entertain prospective clients and give tours of event space, outlets and guest rooms
- Keep updated on current sales trends within the market and the competitive set
- Work with F&B Director and Banquet Manager to establish policy standards, procedures, operational guidelines & service manual
- 5+ years of luxury event/group and VIP planning, sales and execution in a hotel or restaurant required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree in hospitality or related field strongly preferred.
- Participate as team player with other key hotel members. Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events
- Provide constructive feedback to all departments and to hotel sales and marketing leaders
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision Must possess leadership skills
- Must possess computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive market
- Extensive F&B background required. Must have strong food, wine, spirit and Vermont craft beer knowledge.
- Flexible schedule to include, early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.