Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for the overall operation of the convention banquet space, meeting with guests to understand the requirements for their functions, and supervision of the banquet staff to ensure guests' requirements are met and exceeded.Essential Functions
- Focus on a consistently execute up-selling approach
- Meet with clients to work out the details of their functions
- Escort clients through the property and highlight features of facility as well as available services
- Meet & greet clients on event dates and supervise as needed
- General knowledge of conference technology and audio visual needs
- Entertain prospective clients and give tours of event space, outlets and guest rooms
- Keep updated on current sales trends within the market and the competitive set
- Work with F&B Director and Banquet Manager to establish policy standards, procedures, operational guidelines & service manual
- Participate as team player with other key hotel members. Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events
- Provide constructive feedback to all departments and to hotel sales and marketing leaders
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision Must possess leadership skills
- Must possess computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive market