After event space is allocated, the Conference Service Manager prepares all event documentation and coordinates with the Deloitte Meeting Planner, property departments, and Program Team to ensure a consistent, high level service throughout the pre-event, event, and post-event phases of programs. The Conference Services Manager ensures successful discovery and execution of all conference group related activities and events. The Conference Services Manager will act as the primary liaison between the Deloitte planner and the staff of the property while focusing on the client’s expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferred
- 2 years in the event management or related professional area
- Knowledge of a hotel structure and how all departments interact
- Meeting and event operations/planning/coordination experience
- Expert Knowledge of Delphi Plus and NewMarket Systems preferred
- Proficient in computer use, including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to analyze data and communicate effectively with peers and supervisors in a positive manner
- Ensures precise execution of group events by effectively coordinating all operating departments to deliver required services to include but not limited to, arrival and departure, meeting room set-ups, audio visual/production needs, special individual needs, diagrams, special events, and transportation.
- After a space is booked, discover proactively, communicate and coordinate all operational aspects required.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of the facility including accommodations, meeting facilities and support services available to best maximize the effective utilization of the facility.
- Fulfill the general, unique or special meeting objectives of each client and ensure each meeting/event meets that client’s particular meeting objectives, needs and requirements.
- Maintain open communication and timely updates with all departments in an effort to better meet the clients’ requirements.
- Communicates frequently with meeting planners to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing all details of events to appropriate personnel in timely manner.
- Coordinate all aspects of the clients’ needs by utilizing departmental services, along with services provided by local vendors who may offer services and/or products as requested.
- Communicate updates to reflect an accurate and current status of all meeting requirements and attendee counts enabling operational departments to accurately deliver the clients’ needs.
- After BEOs have been distributed to all departments, maintain accurate and up to date information by continually updating Operations Departments of changes by following change process procedures whenever changes to a meeting have occurred.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations, and excellent working relationships with all Departments.
- Takes a proactive approach toward guest and Deloitte planner satisfaction.
- Performs necessary administrative tasks to include distribution of event orders, reports, filing, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.apply now