Personal and comfortable, with all the luxury amenities you'd ever want. The only hotel on the picturesque shores of Lake Washington, we're only three miles from the high-tech corridor of Redmond, Bellevue and Bothell and just fifteen minutes east of Seattle. That means we're minutes from where you need to be, but far from the everyday.
We have two extraordinary lakeside restaurants. State-of-the art business facilities. Unsurpassed views of the lake, Seattle skyline and the Olympic Mountains beyond. Northwest tranquility in the Northwest Face Spa at the Woodmark. And then there's our incredible staff. Woodmark employees are warm, approachable and anticipate your every need. We love to delight with extra touches to make your stay special: martini bars in every room, garden sculptures adorning our lakeside esplanade and our famous complimentary "Raid the Pantry" every night. And while you're a guest here, you're also a member of the Woodmark Yacht Club, which means access to private parties, kayaking and boat tours of Washington Lake aboard the Woodmark II, our 1956 Chris Craft.
Truth is, our idyllic location on Lake Washington makes everything more serene. A corporate retreat re-energizes your staff. A family reconnects on a sunset kayaking trip. A lakeside wedding becomes forever. Hugely popular for corporate events, weddings and important family occasions, the Woodmark Hotel & Spa is ultimately a place where guests feel at home, and home is on the shores of Lake Washington. Please join us.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for the overall operation of the convention banquet space, meeting with guests to understand the requirements for their functions, and supervision of the banquet staff to ensure guests' requirements are met and exceeded.Essential Functions
- Focus on a consistently execute up-selling approach
- Meet with clients to work out the details of their functions
- Escort clients through the property and highlight features of facility as well as available services
- Meet & greet clients on event dates and supervise as needed
- General knowledge of conference technology and audio visual needs
- Entertain prospective clients and give tours of event space, outlets and guest rooms
- Keep updated on current sales trends within the market and the competitive set
- Work with F&B Director and Banquet Manager to establish policy standards, procedures, operational guidelines & service manual
- Participate as team player with other key hotel members. Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events
- Provide constructive feedback to all departments and to hotel sales and marketing leaders
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision Must possess leadership skills
- Must possess computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive market