At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
1. Oversees the daily activities of the main areas of the Conference Services Department; CSA/Meeting Set-up Staff, Ensure Accuracy of Setups in Conference Wing and Ballroom.
2. Supervise and coordinate the set-up and breakdown of all meeting room/function space for business meetings and catering events. Ensuring the clients requirements and standards have been met, if not exceeded.
3. Develop effective communication with Guests, Banquet Manager, Conference Floor staff, and all levels of management in other departments.
4. Produce event diagrams to support setup team and planners for the satisfaction of our guests.
5. Perform daily quality control checks on all equipment and meeting/function space, reporting any needed repairs or maintenance to ensure our safety and quality standards are met. To perform minor maintenance on conference equipment, which may require the lifting of miscellaneous equipment weighing 5-75 lbs. and utilizing various hand tools.
6. Ability to monitor and maintain inventory levels of all conference supplies, Assist in the cost-control methods of all conference supplies.
7. The ability to understand and execute the special needs of guests/meeting attendees at The Chattanoogan. This may entail meeting with the on-site contact of a group that is holding or planning a meeting, to review any special requirements or details concerning the meeting.