Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
To handle all Administrative duties as required by the Catering & Conference Services DepartmentResponsibilities
- Answers incoming telephone calls from all Catering/Conference Services lines.
- Responds to telephone inquiries by determining client's needs and specifications for referral to Catering Sales Managers.
- Processes all incoming correspondence.
- Types all outgoing correspondence.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Ensures that all filing systems are maintained according to spec's (Local, Convention and Spin-off).
- Gathers and organizes all materials for weekly/monthly reports as directed.
- Sells Food & Beverage to small convention groups and one-shot groups.
- Daily office duties to include Event Reader Boards, Door Cards, BEO Change Log, the Guarantee Sheet and the Daily Report.
- Arranges appointments for Catering Sales Manager, Conference Services Manager, Assistant Director of Catering & Conference Services and/or Director of Catering & Conference Services.
- Assists Conference Services Manager with Welcome/Introduction Packets, Pre-Planning Meeting Agendas and Packets, Pre-Conference Meeting Welcome Packets and Thank You Letters.
- Establishes rapport with assigned Catering and/or Conference Services Manager(s) client(s) and functions as his/her liaison.
- Creates Resume Shells to assist the assigned Conference Services Manager.
- Creates Corporate Events Memo to assist the assigned Catering Sales Manager.
- Completes necessary documentation for telephone requests, amenity requests, key requests, banner requests, transportation requests and vendor requests.
- Assists with creating Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s). Assists with making changes to BEO’s.
- Coordinates Pre-Conference Meeting and Post-Conference Meeting Outlook invites.
- Works with assigned Catering and/or Conference Manager to ensure that all functions are "tied-down" 72 hours in advance (guarantees, floor plans, entertainment, flowers, A/V etc)
- Special projects as assigned by assigned Catering and/or Conference Services Managers.
- Knowledge of computer and printer, Microsoft Office & Excel, scanning machine/copier, file folders, filing cabinet, fax machine, Meeting Matrix & Delphi
- Experience in a Luxuary 4 Diamond Resort Preferred
- Experience in a Conference Services Role Preferred
- Standing and walking for long periods of time
- Able to multi task, in a fast paced environment
Tools & Equipment:
- Computer & Printer
- Copy Machine
- Nextel / Radio
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.