At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 70+ pounds.
- Good communication and guest relation skills.
- Ability to follow directions, read and write.
- Availability to work a variable schedule.
- Assemble and arrange conference equipment in conference rooms per event order.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift a variety of conference tables and other equipment weighing 5-70 pounds; put risers into place each weighing 150 pounds; lift 24 pound 3’ x 3’ dance floor sections and bend down to construct them; move chairs of various weights and styles.
- Walking and pushing 300 pound large equipment carts.
- Walking and pushing 30 pound refresh cart to specific rooms on upper and lower floors. Also, must be able to lift and place variety of miscellaneous conference equipment weighing 10-60 pounds such as stanchions, chairs, etc.
- Disassemble conference rooms at appropriate break down times requiring bending and lifting 5-70 pound conference and banquet tables onto 4 wheel carts, lifting banquet chairs in stacks of 10 to 6’ height.
- Move 100 pound stacks of 10 chairs to storage room 200 feet or more to and from function room.
- Must be able to lift tables to storage areas and placing in appropriate section.
- Must be able to bend and kneel to pick up foreign objects, and able to walk to vacuum rooms.
- Attend to any requests by guests.
- Maintain conference equipment by checking all aspects of equipment requiring bending and kneeling to floor level to check legs on chairs, tables, and other equipment.
- Lift to secure fittings on chairs.
- Bend to double check tablecloths, skirts and other linen in conference center.
- Perform minor maintenance on conference equipment requiring good dexterity with tools and cordless equipment.
- Ensure storage areas are clean and well organized.