Conference Service Manager
Location: US - PA - Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA, US 15219
Purpose of the Position: Executes all aspects of the group resume and corresponding arrangements between the hotel and customer during the meeting or event of groups with blocks of sleeping rooms. Acts as liaison between the customer and the hotel by directing each department within the hotel as to their specific role in the on-site event. Successful achievement of this goal will ultimately result in a major contribution to the re-booking of group business for future dates. Maximizes revenue through effective up-selling of products and services. Promotes services for future group business. Works with Sales on rooms-only groups upon request.
- Provides direction and supervision to affected departments and team members during execution of meetings and/or events.
- Directly serves on-site group and catering customers in a proactive manner relative to logistics of group room block, food and beverage, public meeting space/exhibits, ancillary and vendor services, affiliates/exhibitors and related billing processes.
- Analyzes customer service and product needs and financial issues of in-house groups; recommends and acts upon appropriate resolution of customers concerns while maintaining profitability.
- Maintain accurate notes/traces for bookings in Delphi. Review banquet checks for previous days' events; ensure accuracy of charges and present for signature. Resolve discrepancies.
- Details Banquet Event Orders and anticipates customer’s needs with regards to finalizing BEOs.
- Using computer systems (Word, Excel, Delphi and OnQ) to view and/or prepare documents and reports relative to group activity.
- Participates in internal and external meetings as determined by the Director of Catering (i.e., forecast, menu review, department, citywide pre-cons, operational department pre-shifts, etc).
- Participates in internal and external training and industry events.
- Participates in development and measurement of personal and team goals and action plans.
- Confirm that all events are posted correctly on the reader boards.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
Other Job Requirements include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Available to work varying hours based on the needs of the business
- May need to assists in the physical movement of hotel or customer equipment or furnishings as necessary to complete a tight turn-around of public function space.
- Assists customers with their set-up of their event, as needed.
- Operate Microsoft Office including: work, excel, power point and outlook as well as other office equipment.
Frequent walking, standing, sitting, hearing, talking, smiling. Lifting of objects weighing up to ten (10) pounds.