Conference Server (Banquet Server)
Ivey Tangerine Leadership Centre - Dolce
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
As Toronto, Canada's premier meeting center, the Ivey Tangerine Leadership Center, a state-of-the-art facility, provides the best destination for productive meetings. Our location in the Exchange Tower, in the heart of Toronto's downtown Financial district, coupled with onsite catering and attentive staff, offer a corporate retreat that meets the needs of today's business professionals.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Conference Server to work at our beautiful Ivey Tangerine Leadership Centre property in Toronto, Ontario. This position is reports to the Hospitality Supervisor.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Follow instructions for each event as provided by supervisor, banquet event order(s)
- Adhere to and maintain Corporate Service Standards
- Set up/tear down of meeting rooms and catering/banquet areas, including resets
- Service banquets, including clearing of plates, cutlery, food etc.
- Assist with any audio visual set ups as required
- Assist in the maintenance of a clean and healthy environment
- Provide exceptional guest service to all external and internal clients at all times
- Adhere to strict grooming standards and policies of company
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year minimum job related experience preferred within a customer service role. Meetings and catering set ups experience
- Experience in F&B/catering
- Smart Serve Certification
- Safe Food Handling certificate is an asset
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol
- Must have employment eligibility in Canada
- Adept at managing fast paced environment and putting people at ease.
- Warm, personable and energetic demeanor
- Comfortable interfacing with a diverse group of individuals.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, identify problems, and seek solutions and follow up and follow through with a variety of tasks.
- Team player with a proactive attitude towards tasks
- Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust. Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Regularly required to walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Extended periods of standing required/lifting of up to 35 lbs required
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.