At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
The Conference Attendant is responsible for the set up, tear down and maintenance of all conference rooms.
- Perform all duties in a professional manner and in accordance with company policies.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule due to business levels and industry demand.
- Follow all safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintain uniform and grooming standards as outlined in employee handbook and departmental training.
- Assembles and arranges conference equipment in conference rooms per client needs. Requiring lifting a variety of conference tables weighing 5-70 pounds; pulling and folding risers into place each weighing 150 pounds; lifting 25 pound 3’ x 3’ dance floor sections and bending down to construct them. Walking and pushing 300 pound large equipment carts. Walking and pushing 30 pound refresh cart to specific rooms on upper and lower floors. Also, must be able to lift and place a variety of miscellaneous conference equipment weighing 10-60 pounds such as stanchions, chairs, etc.
- Disassemble conference rooms at appropriate break down times requiring bending and lifting 5-70 pound conference and banquet tables onto 4 wheel carts, lifting banquet chairs in stacks of 10 to 6’ height. Moving 100 pound stacks of 10 chairs to storage room 200 feet to and from function room. Being able to lift tables to storage areas and placing in appropriate section. Must Be able to bend and kneel to pick up foreign objects, need to be able to walk to vacuum rooms.
- Attend to any requests by guests in conference center.
- Maintain conference equipment by checking all aspects of equipment requiring bending and kneeling to floor level to check legs on chairs, tables. Lift to secure fittings on chairs. Bending to double check clothes and other linen in conference center.
- Perform minor maintenance on conference equipment requiring good dexterity with tool and cordless equipment, being able to lift miscellaneous equipment weighing 5-70 pounds, being able to count and take inventory.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must be mobile, with long standing or walking periods.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds
- Must be able to work varied hours
- Ability to follow directions.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.