Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewThe Concierge offers information and special services to guests in order to enhance their visit. In addition, assist all guests with special needs, upgraded services and amenities that meet Stowe Mountain Lodge standards. Moreover, provides sincere service through actions that display self-confidence, grace and courtesy to guests and colleagues.
- Provides assistance to guests with personalized service and communicates directly in person, by telephone and/or email.
- Offers and provides a personal pre-arrival experience by reaching out to guests prior to their stay. To answer any questions, note preferences, make reservations and log or pass on appropriate information to all departments.
- Provides information on local restaurants and services, events, shops, attractions, activities, tours, travel routes and transportation schedules.
- Follows up with all vendors supplying services that all arrangements and offerings are current and up to date.
- Serve as a lobby ambassador, greeting and welcoming guests throughout their stay.
- Gathers and records information by creating guest profiles and uses guest preferences to ensure a high level of guest recognition and personalized service.
- Maximizes revenue by promoting the Lodge and Resort services, amenities, special hotel programs, packages and upgrades when appropriate.
- Provides support to the Front of the House Department to include Guest Communications Coordinator and Guest Services.
- Assists Front Office Team with check-ins and check-outs if needed.
- Has an understanding of accounting in respect to the guest folio to assist guests.
• High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year concierge or hospitality related experience required.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Technical proficiency with knowledge of SMS Host preferred.
• Strong organizational and time management discipline.
• Understanding of hotel operating systems.
• Solid judgment and ability to resolve conflicts effectively.
• Operate effectively in stressful situations.
• Ability to adapt to changing guest needs and ability to multi-task.
* Flexible schedule to include mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.