A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Responds to a wide variety of guest requests for special arrangements or services by accurately assessing the needs and making arrangements or providing recommendations. Gathers and provides information to guests about the property and surrounding area, including hotel amenities, local area attractions, transportation, business services, entertainment, tours, special event and activities. Provides special recommendations for special occasions and events. Upsells the services, amenities and restaurants at the property. Resolves guest concerns and provides professional service to gain high level of guest confidence and satisfaction. Enters information into computer system, collects funds and runs necessary reports. Seeks opportunities to maximize revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Welcomes guests by greeting them (in -person or by phone) in an enthusiastic and professional manner, answering questions and responding to requests. Gathers, summarizes, and provides information to guests about the property and the surrounding area amenities, including special events and activities.
- Fulfills unusual requests, such as searching for hard-to-find items and arranging for unique services within hotel policies and guidelines. Arranges for the replacement of items lost by travelers. Makes dining and other reservations for guests, and obtains tickets for events. Coordinates travel arrangements for sightseeing and other tours.
- Maintains knowledge about local entertainment, tours and points of interest and provides information about transportation, tickets, and directions. Keeps current information about car rentals, airlines, transportation services, etc. Directs guest to rooms and facilities by showing locations on a hotel map. Calls Bellperson or other hotel staff to assist as needed.
- Effectively deals with internal and external customers, some of who may require a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collects accurate information and resolves conflicts. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of any problems, potential safety issues, or unusual situations so prompt corrective action may be taken. Communicates with other departments to fulfill guest needs.
- Maintains concierge records by entering required room and guest account data into systems. Performs all guest accounting functions according to hotel procedure to ensure all guest and house accounts are completed and accurate. Collects related revenue by entering services and charges, computing bills and obtaining payments. Runs all necessary reports and balances paperwork.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Stays up-to-date on information about local features, such as shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations.
- Receives, stores, and delivers luggage and mail. Arranges for interpreters or translators when guests require such services.
- Reviews all information regarding repeat guest arrivals, VIPs, and daily functions and events to anticipate inquiries and provide prompt assistance.
- Maintains knowledge about property including type and range of room types/rates, amenities, restaurants (including menus), facilities, and amenities.
- Conveys messages and deliveries to guests by receiving and delivering messages, mail, facsimiles, packages and guest supplies.
- Improves job knowledge by attending training sessions as instructed.
- Remains aware of guest satisfaction scores and works toward increasing overall guest satisfaction.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as
required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or
rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- One year of guest relations, front desk or other related experience required. Experience as a hotel concierge and designation as a Certified Tourism Ambassador strongly preferred.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guest through use of the phone, computer and face-toface. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires computer skills to enter data, read, and interpret information. Must be able to conduct Internet searches to obtain information or book reservations.
- Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests. Proficiency in another language a plus.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly sits for sustained periods of time. Occasionally stands or walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate offic e equipment. The team member occasionally grasps objects. The team member occasionally reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. The team member occasionally stoops and crouches. The team member regularly talks when communicating with guests/callers. The team member regularly needs to hear voices while interacting with guests/callers. Exerts up to 25 pounds of force occasionally when moving supplies or materials. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to prepar
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.