Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver
Location: CA - BC - Vancouver
Thank you for your interest in the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, the first Shangri-La to open in a sequence of new and exciting properties in North America. Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver is a 119 room luxury boutique property, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s vibrant financial, retail and entertainment district. Shangri-La Vancouver is also the recipient of AAA’s prestigious Five Diamond status, and is one of only five Canadian Hotels to hold the esteemed rating.
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That's why we are so demanding when we look for new employees, and why successful candidates find careers at Shangri-La so rewarding. It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La - Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight. Are you Shangri-La?
We are currently searching for a superstar Concierge to join our Front Office team. Our ideal candidate will have a genuinely warm presence, friendly & sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, and outwardly gracious & humble. They will bring experience gained from within Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, or from within another world class hotel or resort. They would be a consummate hospitality professional who creates memorable moments for our guests and warmly and genuinely engages our guests and their fellow colleagues, keeping our workplace productive, professional and fun!
Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you ready to be part of the best in the city? Are you Shangri-La?
- Service Excellence – Genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble
- Detail oriented – Exceptional care and attention to detail
- Functional Knowledge – Familiarity with 5 star expectations concierge services
- Operational Competence –Familiarity with/ability to learn and follow SLa deliverables, SLV service standards, programs, policies and procedures
- Communication – 100% English language (verbal and written) proficiency and other languages (Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish) a definite asset
- Resourcefulness in decision making – responds promptly, exercising sound and reasonable judgment, seeks truly resourceful, innovative, creative solutions
- Problem solving –Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent in all systems used within department
- Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a similar capacity in an international world-class hotel
- Previous Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts experience useful