IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER.
We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
Job OverviewThe Two Roads Hospitality Compliance Manager will support the Finance, Accounting and Internal Audit functions of Two Roads Hospitality while providing critical compliance monitoring to help mitigate the risk of financial statement inaccuracies, missed government regulated payments and balance sheet risks across our portfolio. The ideal candidate will be analytical, organized, adept at proactively identifying risk through metrics and comfortable reporting trends and findings to Senior Management.Essential FunctionsThis position will be a key member of the Two Roads Hospitality Internal Audit Team. The position will work closely with the Regional Finance Leaders as well as Property Finance Leaders, with minor travel required.
The primary responsibilities include the following:
- Promote the values and guiding principles of Two Roads Hospitality by operating as a role model and cultural ambassador for the Company.
- Optimize value for the portfolio of properties through risk mitigation and compliance monitoring efforts which can lead to improved and consistent financial fundamentals for the properties as well as operating efficiencies.
- Conduct a series of compliance monitoring and analysis activities on a monthly basis for all hotels and present concerns/trends in an organized fashion.
- Conduct monthly meetings with the CFO, Senior VP of Finance, Internal Audit and the Regional Finance Team to present trends, concerns and suggestions.
- Partner with the Finance Leadership Team to enhance and perpetuate a culture of financial discipline.
- In conjunction with the Regional Finance Team, Internal Audit and Property Directors of Finance, assist with regulating all Two Roads Hospitality internal controls and SOP’s.
- Support the Two Roads Hospitality Internal Audit function as required.
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- 5+ years minimum hospitality financial and/or audit experience.
- Experience with Oracle ERP and report writing software and/or other ERP systems.
- Microsoft Office / Excel experience with complicated financial models.
- Minimum requirement Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance.
- CPA preferred
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Drive for continuous improvement in a finance and service environment
- Strong accounting and finance skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and commitment in regard to deliverables and deadlines.
- Work closely with Enterprise / Business Intelligence Team to improve efficiencies and avoid data redundancy.
- Highly responsive to internal and external customers.
- Owns the work product and is committed to the quality, accuracy and timeliness thereof.
- Takes the initiative in leading, communicating, offering service, and in solving problems.