For us, hotels aren't simply places to sleep, they're places where dreams are born.
We encourage our employees to make their mark while giving back to their communities and saving the environment.
Job OverviewThis position s upervises and directs the financial activities and safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This role adds value and will serve as a financial advisor to Management and Ownership.Essential Functions
- Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries, and expenses of the hotel
- Analyze financial data of operations in order to educate and advise hotel staff and management on the value and benefits of internal controls and maintaining an efficient operation
- Assist and counsel all department heads in the interpretation of financial data and recommend courses of
- action to maximize profitability
- Prepare review, and present the monthly financials and the annual forecast projections
- throughout the year and advise hotel management, corporate office, and owners of any major variances
- and their impact on the operation
- Develop and monitor internal controls to safeguard hotel assets. Maintain adequate internal control over
- revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities of the hotel and ensure accounts are maintained according to GAAP and Uniform System of Accounts
- Hire, train, and supervise Accounting Department staff including coaching, counseling, and discipline. Direct accounting staff to ensure accurate accounting and timely reporting of financial data to department heads, hotel management, corporate office, and owners in accordance with GAAP
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 4 year college degree required
- At least 3 years’ experience in Finance field preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience in direct supervision and management preferred
This position is a Complex position and is responsible for two properties, Waterfront Hotel and Hotel Carlton. This person will be based out of Waterfront Hotel in Oakland, with some weekly travel into San Francisco for Hotel Carlton.