Complex Accounts Receivable
Gramercy Park Hotel & 11 Howard Hotel
Location: US - NY - New York
Jan 11, 2018
Gramercy Park Hotel
2 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY, US
New York, NY, US
The Complex Accounts Receivable job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor payment requirements on groups or functions and process deposits.
- Complete collection calls on each appropriate outstanding accounts and maintain collection files on each outstanding issue.
- Review and approve the City Ledger transfers daily and communicate to supervisor any deviation from established Accounting policies and procedures.
- Handle customer inquiries in a professional and timely manner, provide customers with accurate invoices, statements, and schedules.
- Process returned checks and credit card chargebacks.
- Conduct monthly credit meetings and maintain minutes (including returned checks/chargeback logs, credit trace reports, write-off, bad debt allowances, etc.) -Partner with the Sales and Events Team by establishing customer credit, including but no limited to application processing, reference checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, and deposit requirements.
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include organized filing and tracing system, issuing letter, monitoring returned checks and charge backs, performing collection calls and preparing bad debt write-offs.
- Update daily revenue complimentary sales reports both for internal distribution.
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
- Reconcile invoices against ledgers or schedules to ensure accuracy of invoicing.
- Assist in the monthly close process by posting journal entries that are related to daily/monthly responsibilities.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction by attentive listening and then immediately resolving guest issues.
- Perform other Accounting tasks as directed by Assistant DOF and DOF.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- Ability to work in the Cluster Complex environment.
- Ability to write and communicate in a business and professional manner.
- Should have the ability to problem solve and work independently while meeting specific deadlines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Working command of Excel
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Avid, Micros, Aloha, Opera a plus
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Two to three years accounting experience preferably in Accounts Receivable and/or education/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K