· Supervise the financial department, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, auditing, payroll, general accounting, and cashiers.
· Monitor and reconcile all bank accounts as needed
· Conduct food and beverage inventories as needed.
· Assist with the planning and implementation of financial procedures and systems.
· Assist with the preparation of reports outlining hotel’s financial position in areas of income, expense, and
earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
· Maintain file of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
· Assist with the development of short- and long-term financial plans for the hotel that support overall
· Oversee internal controls such as bank contracts, cash handling procedures, approvals of expenses, and credit
· Assist with the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
· Process payroll including data input and filing as required by State and Federal law
· Monitor and correct the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of monthly financial
· Must have comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests,
associates, and vendors.
· Effectively communicate and coordinate with all departments.
· Scrupulously follow all StepStone and hotel policies and procedures.
3. Personal Effectiveness
· Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally, and with care.
· Adjusts to high-pressure conditions and is open to change.
· Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
· Conducts him\herself (acts and dresses) professionally at all times; sets standards for all associates. 5%
· Understands and communicates the StepStone Mission and Core Values.
· Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively, and professionally.
· Actively listens to others.
· Conveys company information, decision, or problems to appropriate parties on a timely basis.
· Works to resolve disagreements and is respectful of peers and co-workers.
Responsible for maintaining records of financial transactions and posting transactions
Review of daily revenue and labor reports
Preparation of daily cash deposits to bank
Daily bank reconciliation for cash and credit card deposits
Weekly Accounts Payable invoice and payment processing and review
Management of Accounts Receivable
Bi-weekly payroll processing
General ledger journal entry and postings
Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements and other reports
Balance Sheet reconcialtions
Bank Statement reconcilation
Prepare and file monthly sales and occupancy tax returns
Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals
Maintains accounting records
Performs other related duties as required and assigned
3– 5 years of related experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Hospitality or related discipline preferred
Hotel accounting experience preferred and multiple entity experience a plus
Strong competency in MS Office Suite, point of sale software and payroll
Proven ability to meet daily and monthly deliverables
Proven ability to effectively multi- task and demonstrate good time management skills
Strong organizational skills and must show strong attention to detail
Effective communicator, both verbally and written
· Minimum lifting of 10 pounds.
· Pushing, bending, stooping, upward reaching, manual dexterity.
· Hearing, writing, typing.
· Minimum pulling of 10 pounds.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Additional responsibilities specific to you are:
· Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all hotel departments and functions.
· Must have a comprehensive knowledge applicable Federal, state, and local health, safety, and legal regulations.
· Must have exceptional mathematical and computer skills.
· College education and relevant training and experience required. Additional education preferred.
· Ability to timely obtain any required licenses or certificates.
· CPR training and first aid training preferred.
· Additional language ability preferred.
The job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Position Available: Immediately
Bonus Plan: Yes
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes
Hiring Contact: Lisa Morganweck, Talent Gardener™
Contact Title: Regional Director of Human Resources