Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
This position will perform and assist the Director of Communications in administrative duties pertaining to the needs of EAST, Miami public relations and marketing initiatives. Additional responsibilities may include screening calls, managing calendars, meeting and event arrangements, preparing reports and data, training and supervising communications efforts to other staff, and customer relations support.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
* Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Directly assist the Director of Communications with daily public relations and marketing administrative duties
* Coordinates internal activities: Keep photos, releases and other materials on file for publicity
* Handles external materials: Distribute, update, and edit press releases, event invitations, requested photos, brochures and/or other marketing materials
* Assists in maintaining media relationships: Keeps active list of media, communicates important updates regarding hotel news and events, pitches story ideas, coordinates press interviews, and responds to request from press
* Assists with special events
* Assists in management of affiliate marketing partner relationships
* Keeps apprised of all relevant client, industry and market developments
* Gathers information for case studies and reports
* Assists Communications Manager as needed with managing social media campaigns and day-to-day activities pertaining to EAST, Miami marketing goals: Duties include online advocacy, writing, creative strategy, content calendar, promotions, visual campaigns, video productions, photo shoots, event photos, blog partnerships, daily customer engagement and response, etc.
* Assist in training and managing team of in house social media ambassadors and/or out of house agencies public relations/marketing agencies as needed
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor degree in communications, journalism, or other related field preferred.
* Requires strong computer and Internet skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
* Prior hotel/resort/restaurant experience preferred
* Creative individualist with excellent written communications and a keen eye for visual branding
* Proficiency with all social media tools, technology, and techniques
* Understanding and ability to execute with a 360-degree marketing approach (traditional, new media, guerilla and 'word of mouth')
* Understanding and ability to manage crisis management situations appropriately
* Graphic design and Adobe Photoshop experience a plus
* Excel and PowerPoint proficiency required
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic/changing environment
* Problem solver with ability to respond promptly in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to create great working relationships with all levels and departments within the company and across
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.