Join the most recognizable hotel brand in the world. Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort is looking for talented, passionate people interested in hotel industry careers in Hollywood, Florida. From the front desk to our event planning team, we offer rewarding careers and jobs at our hotel in Hollywood where you will be inspired to reach your professional and personal goals.
As a Coffee Attendant, you would be responsible for greeting and serving guests beverages and/or food in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Greet guests and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
• Brew, sell, promote and prepare beverages according to established recipes and standards.
• Take guest beverage orders and accurately input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system.
• Maintains cleanliness of work area/outlet.
• Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards and making change.
• Requisition, stock and rotate products.
• Secure and store all beverages, food and other equipment items.
• Deposit cash drops, secure and balance bank and sign out/in keys.
• Provide directions to nearby areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Experience using Microsoft Office and general computer operations required. Prior experience with ALOHA preferred.
• Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests' interests and needs are always primary.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Prior experience recommended
Licenses or Certificates
High school diploma or equivalent required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Chesapeake Hospitality Standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.