Nestled in the heart of Galveston Island's Strand Historic District is The Tremont House, an elegant European-style 119 room hotel. The hotel features over 16,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including the 8,000 sq. ft. Davidson Ballroom; The Tremont Café; The Rooftop Bar; and, the historic Toujouse Lobby Bar, located in the hotel's four story atrium and dating back to the 1870's.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a
Cocktail Server to work at our beautiful
Tremont House, a Wyndham Grand Hotel in Galveston, TX. The Cocktail Server is expected to provide timely, courteous service with guest satisfaction as the primary goal. He/she is responsible for promotion of specials and up selling.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Complete opening/closing checklist according to standards.
• Welcome guests, take their drink orders relay order to bartender, process order, deliver order to guest and receive payment for order.
• Have knowledge of which garnishes go in each drink.
• Process credit card and room charges.
• Clear and clean tables when guests leave, return glasses to be washed.
• Keep lounge area clean and free from debris at all times.
• Follow all cash handling policies, and prepare closing report for night audit.
• Perform all side work duties according to the schedule.
• Full knowledge of state liquor laws.
• Be familiar with the computer system.
• Help the bartender prepare drinks when needed.
• Assist bartender with hors d'oeuvres tables for cocktail hour in set up and breakdown.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.