The Mark Restaurant
Location: US - NY - New York
Statement of Purpose:
The Cocktail Server's primary goal is to serve guests in a warm, accommodating, and professional manner in accordance with Culinary Concepts by Jean-Georges standards. The Cocktail Server must graciously and responsibly serve guests at the Bar/ Lounge area and ensure 100% guest satisfaction. This staff member is responsible for taking food and drink orders. The Cocktail Server must ultimately uphold the Culinary Concepts by Jean-Georges Values and Mission Statement while performing positional responsibilities and adhering to operational standards.
- Accommodate guests by making each individual feel welcome, being on the floor at all times.
- Have a detailed knowledge about the menu, bar menu, and beverage list.
- Be aware of service flow, dining time, and adjust for each guest's individual needs.
- Anticipate needs of the guest and exceed their expectations.
- Pull and arrange tables and chairs for guests.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the beverages served at the restaurant, especially the wine and spirits lists.
- Explain menu items to guests.
- Sell and serve liquor and wine to lounge guests.
- Know all menu items and their taste, appearance, and preparation methods.
- Use POS system on all orders.
- Perform all side work duties and other tasks.
- Adhere to accounting procedures for all Guests payment transactions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Displays a pleasant and cheerful disposition. Able to communicate professionally and effectively with both guests and staff. Must maintain a high level of integrity. Is able to adapt in difficult situations, solve problems and make decisions when necessary. Shows an eagerness and capacity to learn. Can be relied upon to complete tasks.
Education and Experience:
Must have a high school education or equivalent. Must be able to perform basic math functions. Two years fine dining experience preferred. Must be able to deal with guests in a professional manner. Must maintain a professional appearance and have a strong sense of urgency.
Available to work late nights, holidays and long shifts if necessary. Must be able to stand and or walk for long periods of time without sitting.