We are seeking a professional Cocktail Server for Grange with an exceptional service attitude for the position of Cocktail Server in our bar venues. The Server will be responsible for taking accurate orders and serving food and beverage items to our guest in a timely, refined, friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner. The Server will ensure station and table set-ups are complete prior to service and at the end of the shift. The Server also needs to be able to communicate and work closely with kitchen staff to ensure guest satisfaction. Duties also include clearing tables during service and control guest checks and secure proper payment. Ensure station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side duties as assigned by the Manager. Maintain the cleanliness of the Restaurant area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar and preparation areas. (This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
-Previous Cocktail Server experience strongly preferred, but not required.
-Strong food and beverage knowledge necessary.
-Excellent communication skills and the desire to serve are essential to this individual's success. --Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have at least one year restaurant/bar serving experience.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry a tray weighing up to 30 lbs
- Must possess great customer relation skills and interact with guests in a warm and hospitable way
- Food and wine knowledge a must
- Will have the ability to describe all menu items, prices and methods of preparation and use suggestive selling techniques to encourage the guests to choose items that are house specialties.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, use of stairs, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Onsite physical attendance required