A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Maximum 20 hours a week or two shifts a week.
Job Overview: Serving as an information and reservation center to members and guests, guest and temporary cards, logging packages, working Club events, making seating arrangements, reservation sheets and completing event billing.
- Creation, production and distribution of event invitations and flyers for mailers and display.
- Taking reservations via phone, email and in person with guests. Arranging seating assignments for events and serving as a hostess and greeter.
- Fill out and complete event billing/reservation request forms and complete the data entry prior to events forwarding the final counts and comps to accounting for processing after events.
- Maintains all Member Event information, making annual files, and keeping in chronological order events details, billing and all contracted entertainment. Maintains Reciprocal Club Files on a monthly, solicits new clubs for reciprocal agreements and coordinates reciprocal club contracts through, presidents office, executive office and accounting.
- Acts as Club Concierge with full knowledge of departmental events and Resort shared events (ie. Casual dining and entertainment offers and Dinner reservations.)
- Required to market and sell events to membership, create posters, increase attendance with cold phone calls and follow ups.
- Assist with all retention efforts including but not limited to: hand writing thank you notes, birthday cards and personal letters as well as utilizing and or scheduling email blasts via internet.
- Recaps event Member and Guest credit card and account billing information after each event tracking expenditures and comp guests as well as tallying revenues achieved.
- Assists in the complete preparation of events including; conception, design, invitation, advertising, promotion of, event set up, assisting with floral arrangements, decorating and physical tear down upon conclusion.
- Assisting guests in the office or business center with copying, faxing, typing, and assists the department with Expense Reporting, Copy Counts, Supply Orders and Catalog Phone and Internet orders for event decorations and needed items.
- Assists with the daily operations of the department such as but not limited to; sorting and processing mail, filing. Making phone calls to gather information for events and solicit reservations, answering phones, covering lunch breaks within the department, transporting props to and from storage area, making copies, cutting flyers and postcards, as well as maintaining and watering plants in the Clubhouse, public areas and restaurants.
- Excellent communicator with a friendly and helpful attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple phone lines and multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Power Point and must be able to type a minimum of 65 words per minute with accuracy.
- Knowledge of Club Essentials or Internet Software, HTML knowledge, Website Administration and Delphi, conversion of electronic files to JPEG and PDF formats, and ability to use multi-function copy/scan and fax equipment.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more.
- Shift times are subject to change at any time, based on Department's needs. Applicants must be able to provide flexible availability, and can be scheduled for various shift times as needed by the Department Manager.
- Must be able to work on Weekends and Holidays.
The Balboa Bay Club is an equal employment and E-Verify employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.