A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will assume operational and financial responsibility for the restaurant. This includes maintaining an optimum manpower and supplies level, provide exemplary services and an ultimate guest experience, ensuring restaurant furniture and equipment are in top condition.
Scope of Position
The incumbent is responsible for directing restaurant team in achieving the ultimate guest experience and to meet and exceed the food and beverage goals established for pre and post opening in achieving a 5 star/5 diamond rating.
The Restaurant Manager reports directly to the Director of Culinary Operations and Food & Beverage and supervises the entire restaurant staff.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of the Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure guest satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement
- Provide leadership and support for all restaurant staff
- Trains, evaluates and schedules restaurant staff in accordance with the standards of the company policies and guidelines
- Develop and implement system for checking maintenance of tabletop supplies through staff side work duties
- Create side work schedules for all positions. Ensure compliance and follow through
- Maintain records and communicate any exemplary or deficient examples of food or service
- Performs administrative duties such as, but not limited to, scheduling, payroll and inventory
- Scheduling, recruitment and interviewing for new colleagues
- Provide excellent service at all time to all of our guests
- Assist guest courteously and efficiently
- Managing day- to day operations
- Excellent knowledge of food and beverage
- To manage proper staffing level
- To manage proper supplies level
- Constant training and development of colleagues
- Attend weekly Food & Beverage meeting
- Chair monthly departmental meeting
- Conduct daily communication meeting with staff prior to shift
- To visit all of our guest tables during or after their visit, to ensure satisfaction
- To manage, coach, and counsel colleagues, including disciplinary procedures.
- Uphold and enforce all hotel policies and procedures as stated in hotel colleague handbook
- Attend weekly and monthly restaurant meeting
- Communicate all group information/changes to existing information to appropriate hotel colleagues in an accurate and timely manner
- Entertain clients, as appropriate
- Proper phone etiquette
- Understands and follow the laws and guidelines for beverage service
- Provides instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations
- Ensures accuracy of all menus: current, correct, spelled correctly, clean and presentable
- Ensures menu descriptions are up to date and distributed appropriately
- Assists with check reconciliation with regards to voids, promos and discounted items. Assures that checks are settled in an honest and accurate way
- Develops yearly budget
- Has strong sense of responsibility for financial goals set forth by the company
- Be responsible for guest and colleague satisfaction scores