Chief Maintenance Engineer
Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee North/Brown Deer
Location: US - WI - Milwaukee
WANTED: Chief Maintenance Engineer
Do you love a well maintained, highly functional and attractive building? We do too! If your passion is to devise innovative strategies to maintain and extend the life of the hotel property while minimizing expenses and out-sourcing costs; or if you have a natural instinct for finding the best solution for complicated situations, then you might be just the person we are looking for at Hawkeye Hotels. The Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee North/Brown Deer is seeking an experienced, qualified Chief Engineer to join the team.
Do You Have What It Takes?
Top candidates will be hands-on and geared to handle any maintenance situation; from replacing a light bulb to repairing a pool or spa pump. You have the ability to handle property maintenance and capital improvements, while also keeping guest satisfaction standards a priority. To succeed you will:
- Possess ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously
- Utilize your knowledge and experience of property maintenance to uphold OSHA standards and brand standards
- Possess the ability to complete large repairs to save the company on excessive outside contractor expenses.
- Be experienced in the following: plumbing, heating & cooling, electrical, fire safety, roofing, maintaining pool and spa systems, dehumidification equipment and irrigation systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Maintenance experience including: painting, patching, and basic mechanical skills
- Recognized certifications in regards to maintenance is desirable but not necessary
- Experience in other hotels or a comparable service industry dealing with customers
B. Language Skills
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to communicate with employees with a basic understanding of English
- Ability to prepare preventive maintenance plans and other logs, and keep accurate records of activities
C. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: This position requires full range of body motion, including prolonged standing and walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, along with manual and finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination. Mobility to climb stairs and ladders, and lifting and/or moving objects weighing up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Essential Required Skills
- Education – High School Degree Required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to understand verbal and written technical and mechanical information.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with employees, guests, and contractors in emails, via telephone, and in person.
- Experience utilizing technology-based resources to find products, repair manuals, and techniques.
- Electrical Certified
- HVAC Certified
- CPO Certification
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.