Our ability to create exceptional experiences comes from an equally exceptional place - the hearts and minds of our team members. And regardless of whether our candidates have already built successful hotel careers, or join us from comparable boutique hotel jobs, we know our most successful team members are those who are ready to be their best authentic selves.
Job OverviewThis is a temporary/task force position for a minimum of 3 months and maximum of 6 months. Full-time permanent employment is not guaranteed, but may become available in early 2018 for the right candidate. This position will be responsible for the facilities operations for the hotel, including general preventative maintenance, organizing room renovation projects, HVAC and Equipment functionality, maintenance. Oversees all maintenance staff and ongoing room repairs, projects, purchasing.Essential Functions
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Honesty & Integrity.
- To be mindful of the importance of personal hygiene and grooming.
- Adhere to hotel Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Coordinates all property repairs and projects.
- Responsible for Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Oversee major/minor electrical repairs such as: lamps, small appliances, removal or placement of telephones, etc.
- Confirm the maintenance of “Life Safety” system: a) fire alarms and sprinkler system, b) pull stations, c) inspection and repair of hoses, d) test fire exits, e) check and repair smoke detectors and fire doors, f) test all fire ladders, g) observe for fire safety and safety plan.
- Schedule major/minor carpentry repairs such as: door/window moldings, banisters and furniture as needed.
- Maintain hotel’s electronic lock system.
- Schedule major/minor door and lock repairs such as: hinge replacements, replacement of broken locks and maintenance of key inventory, etc. as needed.
- Oversee major/minor maintenance and repairs on boilers, heaters, pumps, chillers, valves, fans, compressors, water softener, motors, etc., as required and certified.
- Monitor elevator maintenance schedule.
- Ensure minor repairs to the boiler to include: preventative maintenance checklist, cleaning filters, checking pumps and circulating oil/grease, checking temperature, replacement of couplings and thermostat when necessary, etc.
- Maintain and repair hotel equipment such as: vacuums, floor polishers/carpet shampooers, maid carts, etc.
- Schedule laundry equipment maintenance to include: preventative maintenance checklist for filters, oil and grease motors, etc.
- Ensure functionality of HVAC systems to include: replacement or repair of switches, fan motors, thermostats, etc.
- Maintain supply of parts and repair tools.
- Schedule staff to ensure responsiveness to maintenance requests from hotel guests.
- Use proper safety measures when operating any equipment, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Respond to other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Successful completion of the training/certification process.
- Manage and develop Maintenance team.
- Responds to all emergency situations immediately.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience as Chief Engineer in a luxury NYC hotel.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Software, Hot SOS and Hotel PMS systems.
- Knowledge of proper equipment usage and repair.
- Ability to read blue prints/schematics.
- High School graduate or equivalent vocational training.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Four or more years’ prior experience in maintenance/engineering specific to electrical, plumbing and carpentry repair.
- Hold certification in each of the following: 1) A/C and refrigeration with CFC certification, 2) Electrical, 3) Carpentry, 4) Building and equipment repairs.
- Licenses Required:
- Fire Safety Director (must obtain up to 6-9 months after employment commences)
- S12 City Wide Sprinkler System (must obtain up to 30 days after employment commences)
- S13 City Wide Standpipe System (must obtain up to 30 days after employment commences)
- EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification (Preferable)
- P98 Fuel Piping (Preferable)
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work flexible schedule (AM, PM, Overnight, Weekends & Holidays).
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Prior guest relations training.
NOTE – Obtaining and/or maintaining any government required licenses, certificates or permits are mandatory for the credibility of employment. Should a team member not adhere to these requirements; management may look into discontinuation of employment with Thompson Hotels.