Join our team at the Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington!
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the repair and maintenance of hotel equipment and building systems to provide a safe and comfortable environment for guests and employees. The Chief Engineer directs and oversees the implementation of all safety and security programs for the purpose of providing protection of all guests, associates, and property at the hotel.
- Directing and inspecting all engineering, painting, and carpentry work on a daily basis to ensure work productivity and quality meets standards and deadlines
- Completing weekly work schedule for the department
- Processing daily payroll reports
- Establishing and maintaining effective associate relations
- Conducting performance appraisals for associates
- Coordinating and rolling-out projects
- Interacting with guests, contractors, vendors, peers, and corporate executives
- Assisting department associates with troubleshooting and regular maintenance and repairs
- Conducting regular inspections via walk-thru of public areas, back of the house areas, guest rooms, and exterior grounds
- Creating budget to include capital items and assuming responsibility to ensure departmental spending and payroll remains within budgeted guidelines
- Training associates in fire, safety, security, and environmental plans
- Acting as a liaison with Bloomington Police Department
- Must be able to read and interpret documents to include Blueprints/Schematics, Procedural Manuals, Budgets/Financial Statements, OSHA Standards such as LockOut/TagOut, SDS, etc
- Possess ability to troubleshoot, repair, and/or maintain physical building to include:
- all FF/E
- A/C refridgeration equipment
- Electrical systems
- Mechanical equipment (motors, starters, pumps, fans, etc.)
- Plumbing and drains
- Pneumatic and electronic systems and controls
- Fire Alarm / Life Safety equipment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical skills in order to be able to assess and identify problems and then implement solutions
- Represent the company in a courteous and well-groomed manner
- Must be able to use and understand hand and power tools
- Must have computer proficiency
- Required prior supervisory and/or management experience in a similar environment
For each position, we require at least two positive verifiable employment references, a stable work history verified by a background check, a positive attitude, a willingness to be a team player, and the ability to work weekends and holidays.
We will verify through E-Verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.