We believe that the only way for a "little" company to out perform the giant hotel chains is to empower hotel teams to run their hotels in a way that makes sense. Our hotel teams have the freedom to work outside the box and create their own success.
At The Dow Hotel Company, we look for creative, high energy individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and extraordinary drive to excellence. Our track record of promoting from within is truly remarkable; we believe hard work and success should be rewarded.
Conducts walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems and any other related equipment.
• Assigns and verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Assigns and verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovations projects to offices, and employee work areas.
• Hires, trains, supervises and disciplines department staff.
• Adheres to all Corporate required purchasing policies and controls, to include all outside contractor bids, budgets and schedules.
• Maintains effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs, conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
• Maintain fire standpipe, sprinkler systems and fire extinguishers throughout the facility to ensure proper working condition and fire protection in compliance with local fire codes. The individual is required to know how to recharge pressurized water extinguishers or have the ability to learn within new hire training. Lifting and carrying of fire extinguisher weighing up to 50 lbs. is required.
• Informs the General Manager and hotel department heads, on a regular basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems and equipment offering prudent, and cost-effective proposals for maintaining same. Accesses and inputs information into a computer and generates reports.
• Communicate effectively with city officials to ensure proper maintenance of permits and licenses, such as inspecting the building with the fire department to ensure all public assembly permits are maintained yearly, coordinating inspections of all elevators and escalators with the Buildings department. Coordinate and search building with Secret Service and other officials to ensure safety of diplomats and hotel guests.
• Act as a liaison between hotel and vendors to review latest in hotel technology and products such as State/Local Energy Programs to save energy costs. Attend Engineering conventions to educate self in latest products to be used in the hotel to increase guest satisfaction and cut costs, etc. Act as a liaison between all departments of the hotel
n addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Assumes responsibility of any engineering position in absence of staff.
• Maintains appropriate supply of materials and equipment to carry out the normal day to day operating and maintenance requirements of the hotel.
- Maintains a well defined, and organized system within the shop for the inventory, maintenance, and storage of all tools, products, materials, and equipment necessary to execute the required activities of the department.
Previous Chief Engineering experience in a full service hotel preferred.
Licenses or Certificates:
Any licenses or permits that may be required by law or company regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.