Residence Inn By Marriott Anaheim, a leader in the hospitality industry, is offering an exciting opportunity for seasoned maintenance professional. The Chief Engineer is responsible for the overall upkeep and maintenance of the hotel.
Essential job functions:
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions in electrical/mechanical/plumbing systems (e.g. HVAC, boilers, fire systems, refrigeration systems, lighting, appliances & other hotel equipment).
- Conducting ongoing room preventative maintenance program (see maintenance manual for system specifics)
- Resolving maintenance problems, complaints, and work orders to prioritize and schedule work.
- Carpentry and painting skills, as well as drywall and carpet repair work, is a plus. Inspecting property to identify potential and current needs.
- Ensuring department expenditures meet budget requirements. Assisting with the capital budget process.
- Soliciting bids from contractors and evaluating their proposals with hotel management.
- Coordinating with local health, safety, fire, and building inspectors to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Ensure pool is properly maintained to include cleanliness and chemical content.
- Maintaining the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. lawn care, painting, etc). Supervising and scheduling of maintenance staff.
Join a company that exceeds your expectations:
Island Hospitality Management is a National Hotel management company with a reputation for its expertise in managing upscale extended-stay, select-service and full-service hotels across major brands such as Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, and IHG.
Our company is nationally recognized for its ability to successfully improve a property's bottom line through P&L controls and standards. While paying attention to each and every line item thereby ensuring generous bottom line flows, we never lose sight of our guests and the need to maintain the highest standards of service, cleanliness and ambience. The ownership perspective of maximizing top line revenue without sacrificing net operating income is deeply entrenched in our corporate culture. We aggressively pursue this goal.
At Island Hospitality Management we focus on identifying, developing and promoting the best talent from within our organization and then cultivate those individuals so that they can be successful leaders. By having our top performing associates involved in this program they can become the Managers and Business Leaders of the future in our hotels.
We are an entrepreneurial, performance-driven, goal-oriented organization, where passionate, competent and focused individuals are given the tools, guidance and techniques to make a difference. Based in West Palm Beach, Florida, we operate hotels across the United States. We are one of the largest independent, third-party hotel management companies serving the industry with nearly 160 hotels in our portfolio.
- Prior hotel maintenance experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience repairing and maintaining commercial grade laundry, kitchen/refrigeration equipment required.
- Previous experience and certification to repair and maintain heating/air conditioning and ventilation systems. Working knowledge of water treatment systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with swimming pool maintenance. Experience ordering supplies and inventory.
- Must be able to maintain guest satisfaction scores at brand standard or higher and all Internal Audit/Corporate standards set forth by Island Hospitality.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with guests and staff. Must be able to lead a Team of 2 or more people.
We are pleased to offer a wide array of Company sponsored benefits including:
- Comprehensive Health Plan: Medical, Prescriptions, Vision and Dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Match
- Incentive Based Bonuses
- In-house Development Program
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Travel Discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer